Honestly, this is the absolute BEST Quiche Lorraine I've ever made or tasted.
Really. Truly. Trust. Me.
1 pre-made frozen pie crust (or your own from-scratch pie crust)
2 cups whole milk
2 cups grated gruyere cheese
4 or 5 pieces cooked bacon
Suggested seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400F....bake frozen piecrust for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and let cool. Reduce oven temp to 350 F.
2. While the pie crust is baking...
- Cook bacon and pat dry on paper towels
- Grate gruyere cheese - the cheese is the key to the wonderful taste of this quiche
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and seasonings (to taste)
3. Scatter half of crumbled bacon on bottom of pie crust. Add shredded cheese. Carefully pour egg/milk mixture into pie crust, filling to top. Scatter remaining bacon on top, sprinkle with paprika.
4. Bake at 350F for 35 - 45 minutes, checking often during the last 10 minutes. Center will be slightly jiggly, firm not soupy. Take out of oven and allow to set/cool to warm temp.