1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup turbinado sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cream together the coconut oil and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs, one by one, then the vanilla, and the buttermilk.
- Add in the self-rising flour. Then fold in the bananas, chocolate chips, and shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 X 5 loaf pan and bake at 350F for 45 - 55 minutes. The bread will be done with a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut a slice, slather it with cream cheese, kefir cheese, or creme fraiche...yum!